Friday, March 9, 2012

ROBERT COUTURIER ~ A SPRING GATHERING

When Robert Couturier hosts a spring party, it is quite an affair for his guests.  In the gardens of the property of his stunning home in northwestern Connecticut, the guests are served champagne and canapés, and the dinner is held inside of the free standing library.

The home sits on sixteen acres of land and consists of two pavilions with a hallway between.  The antiques are Chinese, Roman, and museum quality French and English pieces. There are chairs that graced the home of Marie Antoinette, and crystal that was owned by her daughter.  

The food for this garden party is catered by David Renner of Sheffield Massachusetts and is served on flowered porcelain.  The crystal is Baccarat and Bohemian, and the silver is Victorian.  Couturier describes his dinners as "a little more Old World. They're simple elegance, not fussy elegant."  

I don't know about you, but I think that this party is more elegant than casual. ENJOY!








Veranda March 2012
Photography by Max Kim-Bee

 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

18 comments :

The enchanted home said...

BREATHTAKING POST Teresa!! Wow this man knows how to throw a party.....just fabulous. I am going to bookmark this so I can go back and devour every detail.

quintessence said...

Loved this piece!! I remember when reading it thinking I wish I had been invited!!

Wendi @ Classic Chic Home said...

What an enchanting setting for a Spring party! Thanks for sharing, Teresa!

I Dream Of said...

How gorgeous! I'm with Stacey, this is certainly a party I would love to be invited to. That swan-shaped cream puff! Love.
Happy Weekend, Teresa!

Shauna at Classically Chic Design said...

Gorgeous!! I agree with you, that this party is more elegant than casual! Love the touches of blue and white. Have a great weekend.

The Buzz Blog said...

Would so love to have the property and the time to through a perty like this - sheer perfection! Happy weekend, Teresa!
xxoo

annechovie said...

Very elegant indeed! Hope your wknd is wonderful! xo

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Gorgeous! Wouldn't it be fun to crash this party. The garden is beautiful!

Splenderosa said...

I want an invitation!!!!

Stacy CUrran said...

Wow, if ever a dining room was meant for classic blue and white china, it's that one! Love it!!
Stacy

Annemarie said...

This is so gorgeous, Teresa! I am in love with that first tablescape. I pinned it and mentioned you in the pin too! (That was my first time mentioning someone in a pin, so I hope I did it right!)

Happy weekend. Hope you're able to relax and enjoy! xoxo

Renée Finberg said...

i can dream
can i not???
the last image is where i want to spend time.

xx

Unknown said...

Very elegant! Sign me up for the next one!


xoxo,
Amanda

therelishedroost said...

What a lovely affair , from the environment to the goodies! A wonderful post!

Chic Coles said...

What a beautiful party.

Unknown said...

Wow! I just love that tabletop. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulousness epitomized in so many levels! Oh, to have friends like this...

Beadboard UpCountry said...

I saw this article..... Love the rooms and the Fiorella glasses......Maryanne xo

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted