Wednesday, March 7, 2012

JANE SCHWAB ~ DESIGN IN NORTH CAROLINA

This historic home in Charlotte, North Carolina has been around since1917, and when the Myers Park house was finally put on the market in 1989, principle of Circa Interiors and Antiques Jane Schwab saw the true beauty of the home and bought it. Schwab lightened the walls, took down the gaudy draperies which grace the eleven foot tall windows, and covered her French antiques with more family-friendly yet rich fabrics.

Jane Schwab is a wife, mother of three children, and two boxers.  What she created is a beautiful home that is not only family friendly, but sophisticated enough to host philanthropic events for a number of guests for dinner and cocktails.  ENJOY!








Veranda March 2012
Photography by Laura Resen

IF YOU MISSED
Beautiful Things
 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

18 comments :

The enchanted home said...

Wow!! Breathtaking home....cannot wait to get this issue..love all the beautiful soft colors and that stairhall is incredible! Thanks Teresa!

Shauna at Classically Chic Design said...

Absolutely pure ELEGANCE!! I love all of it. What a beautiful post. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Sincerely
Shauna

JMW said...

My in-laws live in Charlotte, not far from Myers Park. Perhaps next time I'm down there, I'll ask if we can locate this house for a drive-by. :)

Splenderosa said...

Really, just perfection, isn't it? So nice. xx's

Mary Ann Pickett said...

How about that staircase...amazing!

Stacy CUrran said...

OMG Teresa, gorgeous!! Reminds me very much of Tina's style....so elegant
Stacy

Renée Finberg said...

i think the suzani pillows are so kicky in that living room.
i could live in any of them.

xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
This home is perfection!!

La Petite Gallery said...

Beautiful, I love veranda Magazine.

yvonne

Annemarie said...

What a beautiful home! The stairwell is a masterpiece!

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Beautiful post of an absolutely beautiful home! If it matters, Charlotte is in North Carolina, not South Carolina.

Maureen Stevens said...

you can just feel the Southern charm in these spaces!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

All of these are pinworthy! That staircase is exquisite!
www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Marianne said...

Pretty Amazing! I could be very happy living in this home. Really, who wouldn't?!!!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Love this home. I could also move into it. Any day....

The Buzz Blog said...

I love that you scanned this beautiful home from Veranda, saving me the work of having to do it myself! There wasn't one room I didn't love!
xxoo

Unknown said...

I love that floral arrangement, and the home is spectacular!!!

www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

Rié Moratto said...

Lovely

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted