Saturday, February 25, 2012

THE NEW AMERICAN HOMESTEAD & ROOM OF THE DAY!

The New American Homestead,
Sustainable, Self-Sufficiend Living
 in the Country or in the City
By John H. Tullock
John Wiley & Sons, Inc., $19.99
Reviewed by Teresa Hatfield


When I received this book I was expecting a book full of beautiful pictures, and what I got was a book filled with an enormous amount of valuable information on how to run your own sustainable homestead.  It is a valuable resource on how to grow herbs, vegetables, fruit, raise animals and poultry, and how to prepare them when mature.  


 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

9 comments :

The enchanted home said...

Sounds really interesting Teresa....thanks for the heads up! Have a great weekend.

Linda Merrill said...

Sounds like a really good book - thanks for the tip! Have a great weekend!

L

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous room. I love the contrast of that dark sofa. Sustainable homestead sounds interesting....and like a lot of work maybe???

Acquired Objects said...

That book sounds really interesting since I live in the country and probably easier to have a sustainable lifestyle with the animals. I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

XX
Debra~

John Tullock said...

Many thanks for the shout-out Teresa. I hope everyone enjoys the book and has fun with it.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

It looks like a great book. I will check it out. Thanks Teresa

annechovie said...

Sounds like a fascinating book, Teresa! Thanks for always leaving the nicest comments. Have a great weekend. xo

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

yummy recipe for the Oscars tonight! Not sure what I'm serving, probably sushi and something delicious to drink (champagne cocktail!)

Annemarie said...

Oh thank you for the book rec. I'm always looking for new reads and this subject is right up my alley. Going to put it on my Amazon list now!

PS. That room is to die for. So elegant and beautiful!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted