Saturday, February 18, 2012

FILET MIGNONS WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE

Filets Mignons with Mushroom Sauce

6 tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4  8-oz. filets mignons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 cup red wine
1 cup chicken stock
2 tsp. cornstarch, mixed with 1 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. mixed chopped chives and parsley
2 tbsp. sherry


Heat oven to 500°. Heat 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season filets with salt and pepper; sear, flipping once, until browned, 4–5 minutes. Transfer filets to a baking sheet; roast in oven until medium rare, 4–5 minutes. Transfer filets to a plate. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. butter, remaining oil, and shallots; cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes. Add red wine; bring to a boil. Reduce to medium; cook until syrupy, 8–10 minutes. Add stock; reduce slightly, 4–5 minutes. Whisk in cornstarch mixture; bring to a boil. Add sherry; cook until thickened, 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in remaining butter, herbs, and salt and pepper. Serve filets with mushroom sauce.

 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

9 comments :

helen tilston said...

Hello Teresa

This is my style of recipe, gourmet and without a lot of labour. Thanks for sharing this.
Have a delightful weekend


Helen xx

Acquired Objects said...

I would even enjoy this for breaskfast right now!

Happy Weekend!
XX
Debra~

Jalon Burton said...

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yum! Girl, once again, you have done it! AWESOME. Thanks for sharing and have a smashing Saturday. (what time is dinner?)

annechovie said...

This This recipe looks AMAZING, Teresa! I want to try it.
Have an excellent weekend. xo

Renée Finberg said...

my dad made it just like this for me.
it is my fave.
xxx

Unknown said...

Who does not love a filet! This looks fabulous. This is what I make my husband when I want some new jewelry or furniture or a Viking range!

Gwen Driscoll said...

Yum! Best weekend to you!

The enchanted home said...

That looks HEAVENLY Teresa!! I may get ambitious and make that for the family tomorrow...something I know they would all love. Just add yummy mashed potatos, crusty bread and a vegetable and I think that might be the perfect meal! Enjoy your weekend!!

Unknown said...

These look so delicious! I might make this tonight and add some roasted broccoli to go with!!

Happy weekend!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted