Thursday, March 1, 2012

BOBBY MCALPINE ~ DESIGN IN NASHVILLE

When I saw this amazing home in Veranda, no one had to tell me that it was designed by architect and designer Bobby McAlpine, of McAlpine and Tankersly. The earthy textures and tones, and the creative use of wood, brick, and plaster are trademarks of his designs.  His book, The Home Within Us: Romantic Houses, Evocative Rooms, shows the superior work of this talented designer.
  
While most of the homes McAlpine designs are a bit more traditional, this home shows how broad his talents are.  His use of French and English influences, among others, works beautifully.   

Architect Robert Anderson originally designed McAlpine’s beautiful Nashville home. McAlpine's talent and trademarks are present throughout the home and it renovated exterior. The plastered brick walls meld beautifully with the furnishings that were designed by McAlpine himself. The color palette is neutral throughout the home.

Sharing the same hometown with McAlpine allows me to see much of his work firsthand.  Just as there is nothing average about Bobby McAlpine, there is nothing average about this home on the side of a mountain that overlooks downtown Nashville.  ENJOY!







IF YOU MISSED
Veranda March/April 2012
Photography by Max Kim-Bee



 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

15 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm so in love with the kitchen. It's such a weird space but utilized so perfectly!! xo

My Notting Hill said...

The corner shelving in the kitchen is really creative and unique. Love all his work - your description of him is spot on.

I Dream Of said...

Love the pull quote, "I want to live on a cloud." I think he has succeeded. What a beautiful home.
Happy Thursday, Teresa! XO

Acquired Objects said...

That kitchen is to die for! I love Bobby McAlpine's work it's so soothing. Every time I look and a room my eye lands on something better then the next.

Virginia Country House said...

So quiet and serene. I love that twisted root settee. This would be a very relaxing, uplifting house in which to live. Great post!

Jalon Burton said...

What a beautiful post, Teresa. PHOTO #3: You know, I used to have my dining room table on a diagonal and surprisingly I had MORE compliments (and copycat-ers) on that one design element in my home than any other! Why did I ever straighten it out? My table is so big now that I honestly don't think is would fit on a diagonal! HA Thanks so much for sharing and have a beautiful day.

Karena said...

Love, love Bobby McAlpine's works, so serene; such unique designs1

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love the design of this home. Creative and thought out beautifully. The kitchen is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Teresa:
Thanks for the press and for always appreciating our work. You're a gem!
Greg Tankersley

Unknown said...

Love this home and their work. That kitchen is great...love the use of the corner with the open shelving wrapping around and then the freize of photos along the top. I always love spaces with some high contrast and this one is full wonderful lights and darks.

Anonymous said...

He is amazing.
I just picked up my Veranda today ... cant wait dive in and re-read this tonight!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I love Bobby McAlpine's work! That kitchen is so unique. Such a great use of the space. And that bedroom looks heavenly.

So happy that you stopped by! Your blog is just lovely. Looks like we share some good friends. :) xoxo

Annemarie said...

Teresa- these spaces are AMAZING! I think that has to be one of the most spectacular kitchens I've ever seen. I am saving that to my computer right now. Hope you're having a good day! xo

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this yet - need to find some quiet time to curl up with Veranda! Bobby is an amazing talent and you're right...he has a superb and recognizable style!

Hope you've had a great day!
xo Elizabeth

Angela Duke said...

This is just perfect!!! And in my second favorite city!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted