Saturday, December 17, 2011

CHRISTMAS RECIPE AND CAROLYN ROEHM

No one does Christmas like Carolyn Roehm, and these images are stunning. ENJOY!



Veranda 2011

AND...

Fennel & Rosemary Beef Tenderloin with Creamy Mustard Sauce

1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil 
1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh rosemary
1-1/2 tsp. ground fennel seed 
1 tsp. kosher salt; more to taste 
1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper 
2-1/2- to 3-lb. beef tenderloin roast, excess fat trimmed 
1/2 cup crème fraîche 
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard 
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice 

Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 375°F.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, fennel seed, salt, and pepper. Stir to make a paste. Pat the beef dry with paper towels and rub the paste all over the surface of the meat. If necessary, tie the roast at 1-1/2-inch intervals.
Put the roast on a rack on a small, rimmed baking sheet or in a shallow roasting pan. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reads 120°F for rare, 125° to 130°F for medium rare, or 135°F for medium, 40 to 50 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche, mustard, and lemon juice. Season lightly with salt to taste.
Transfer the roast to a carving board (preferably with a well for collecting juices) and let it rest, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes before carving it into 1/3- to 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve the beef, passing the mustard sauce at the table.

make ahead tips

The roast can be seasoned and refrigerated up to 4 hours before roasting.
Fine Cooking December 2010
Molly Stevens

More bloggers coming up soon.








 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

14 comments :

Acquired Objects said...

Beautiful images but mostly thank you for the recipe I now know what I'm cooking for dinner tonight!

Enjoy your weekend Teresa!
Debra

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous and festive way to celebrate the holiday!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Chirstmas images! Love the tenderloin recipe. Looks delicious!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Just copied the recipe...Sounds absolutely divine. Thanks, Teresa. Have a great weekend. XO, Mona

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Yummy! That recipe sounds wonderful. I am saving it for sure!

annie@mostlovelythings said...

Gorgeous! Love those hurricanes with red candles and all those layers of red...just beautful and that fennel and rosemary beef tenderloin...YUM!
annie

Tatiana Doria said...

That beef looks so yummy!! I think I´ll try it this weekend
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Splendid Market said...

She really is SO talented, thanks for sharing. Just shipped off your bundle of swag! ebh

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Thank you! You are so kind to do this!
Teresa
xoxo

Splenderosa said...

Hey T...I was thrilled you came to see me today! And, I'm your follower now too. This post is wonderful AND beautiful. Tenderloin is one of my favs and I will definitely try your recipe. Tina @ The Enchanted Home is beyond wonderful, I love her too. You must stop in to see our next "By Invitation Only" post due January 1st, we're having lunch in Paris and talking about "going forward." Merry Christmas my new friend....

Dovecote Decor said...

Teresa: Thank you, I will be making the bowl with oranges and grapes for my centerpiece. I have a bit of an orange, red and purple theme with my wrapping paper this year, so it is an easy way to move the colors around the room. I've had to snap the neighbors decor, as my girls aren't starting to dribble in until tomorrow. I'll send you my CR recreation when I get the dining room done.
Best,
Liz

Anonymous said...

love all the red...Carolyn Roehm is pure magic when it comes to entertaining and decor..
have a lovely weekend,
xoxo
maureen

vicki archer said...

Teresa... I love the Christmas images... especially all the red... It's a red year for me too... xv

Acquired Objects said...

I have to tell you Teresa I actually did try this recipe last night. The tenderloin was so easy to prepare but the sauce was way to delicate for the meat. So I gave it a little uplift with some horseradish and it was wonderful! We're looking forward to leftovers tonight!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted