Tuesday, December 6, 2011

JILL SHARP BRINSON ~ AT HOME IN ATLANTA'S PEACHTREE HEIGHTS

You can throw convention out the window when the talented interior designer Jill Sharp Brinson, Ballard Designs’ creative director, decorates using her brilliant imagination, especially during Christmas. Brinson uses pieces and decorations from the Suzanne Kasler collection for Ballard Design.  If you haven't visited Ballard lately, visit the Christmas section here, and don't forget Suzanne's collection! 

Brinson's use of an eclectic mix of decor is stunning in the 1930s cottage that she shares with her husband and three dogs. The designer says that "a room should be collected, not decorated."  I agree.  ENJOY!











If you missed my interview with Tina at Enchanted Home visit HERE!

Thank you Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles for sharing Christmas with us.  Clinton Smith and his entire staff do a beautiful job each month.  
So many publications have decided to leave all holidays out, with the exception of the subscription tear-outs.
I love the Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles' app for iPad.  Try it.
xoxo 

Photography by Rob Brinson
 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

13 comments :

Tatiana Doria said...

Stunning house!!!! Incredible decoration. I love everything in it.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Super Super Fun! Love the word JOY spelled out in greenery! xo

Karena said...

Teresa I adore this! I had never thought of using Starburst Mirrors in the kitchen, At the windows, how lovely!!

Vicki from French Essence has offered her duo of books to 2 winners!We are on our 5th day of Holiday Giveaways with 4 events being open!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

I just ran across some of their beautiful ribbons this week, that is quite the sheet wrapped tree and I love the JOY in the window...........and the 3 sunburst mirrors in the kitchen window.............and the little fuschia gift bags. All of it. XO

anyaadores said...

I adore this post - and the JOY in the windows is just great.
Have a lovely day,
Axx

Style Story with S said...

What a great blog you have. Full of gorgeous ideas and selction of posts that are so resourceful. I found your blog through Tina's blog and now a fan of yours.
Thanks so much for stopping by @ http://isawiheardisaid.blogspot.com/

Amy Vermillion Interiors said...

Hi Teresa!
Thank you for your nice comment! I'm glad we found each other…lol! I love Suzanne…had an enjoyable dinner with her last night at Blue (here in Charlotte). She is a huge talented and a funny, warm lady.
Looking forward to your future posts!
Best,
Amy

Annemarie said...

Oh so gorgeous, Teresa! I love her style. The mantel is stunning. And I think that chevron tablecloth might make its way tp my xmas wishlist. I just need to find it first- hehe.
xoxo

Sarah Klassen said...

*Ghasp* So so beautiful and inspiration! I do wish that I could have stopped by before completing my links for the week—this is amazing... So glad you shared this with us :)

x
Sarah

p.s I cannot tell you just how much I appreciate your thoughtful comments!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I loved your interview. Tina is a doll. I also love these lanterns hanging with Christmas bulbs in them. Great idea.

Linda Merrill said...

I love this house and it looks so pretty all decorated for the holiday. What a team - Jill Brinson and Suzanne Kasler!

Anonymous said...

just stunning...am loving the use of purples and pinks in the holiday decorating..
best,
maureen

Mary Ann Pickett said...

What a great home! I especially like the kitchen and JOY in the window. I'd like to do that too...but how would it look in the inside?

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted