Friday, November 18, 2011

DAVID KLEINBERG ~ DESIGN IN CONNECTICUT

This beautiful country home in Connecticut was renovated and designed by interior designer David Kleinberg. The designer added a new master bedroom and breakfast room, using a mix of textures and neutral colors to transform this 1880s home into an interesting combination of rustic and modern. Kleinberg used no artwork on the walls, choosing only decorative sconces and mirrors.

Fast forward to phase two, Kleinberg had the pool house demolished and moved an old barn to the site. After painting the barn, he took out one of the walls and added sheets of glass, allowing for a view of the gardens and mountains. He also built a log cabin in the middle of the barn to house a kitchen and bath. ENJOY!











Kleinberg has a new book, Traditional Now, on shelves now.

Veranda November-December 2011
 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

9 comments :

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Good morning, Teresa!

How are you doing?

I adore this place. He did such a beautiful job. Everything feels so natural.

Have a blessed weekend, sweetie.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

The enchanted home said...

Beautiful....love the natural elegant vibe felt throughout the house....very pretty.

designchic said...

The country house is amazing. I love the warm and relaxing feel and the the gorgeous color palette, and the barn...fabulous!!

Unknown said...

I'm always drawn to David Kleinberg's work. Love the big open spaces, the white, and the natural elements throughout. The ceilings are all wonderful.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I love the twist on contemporary and the barn feel. Love his work.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous little place, reminds me of one of my cottages that I sold a few years ago that had a very similar ceiling that I had painted white too..
love it!
best,
maureen

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Love those beamed ceilings. Such a tasty looking salad. I'd like to be eating it right now.

Dovecote Decor said...

Just say barn conversion. I haven't met one I didn't like. My next house will be a barn, and you can hold me to it. Thank you for your kind consistent comments. It means so much to me.
Best,
Liz

Sarah Klassen said...

SO so beautiful, but oddly enough, it was the bathroom featured that really caught my attention. Perhaps the tall ceilings? Perhaps the wood? So lovely... thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted