Tuesday, August 28, 2012

RESTAURANT PARADIS


Since I usually post a recipe on Sundays and love to read menus for ideas, I decided to post about the fabulous meal we shared  the night before Angela left for her last (I hope) year in college.  My sister treated us to dinner at Angela's choice of restaurants, which was Restaurant Paradis in Rosemary Beach, on scenic 30-A.  Our meals were divine.  Thank you, Carol! Please forgive the phone photographs. 

We are expecting Tropical Storm Issac/Hurricane Issac here, so I will be back when I can.  ENJOY!
Update: We are under mandatory evacuation.  Packed and ready, but waiting.
Update: For the time being I am moving up the street to my sisters for higher ground.  We are expecting to lose power, so I will look forward to being back soon.
Update:  We are out of the danger zone.  Rain and wind, but our neighbors to the west are getting the worst.  

Angela ordered...

Stuffed Shrimp Paradis

Grilled jumbo wild shrimp, crabmeat and pancetta wrapped.  Served with smoked cheddar corn soufflé  and red curry sauce.

Pistacio Crème Brulee

My sister ordered...

Paradis Grouper

Line caught grouper grilled and served over a sautéed lobster orzo and fennel, roasted Patty Pan squash and finished with a classic beurre blanc.

Strawberry Shortcake

Biscuit with white balsamic strawberries.

I ordered...

  Snapper

Pesto encrusted snapper with Mediterranean gnocchi, kalamata olives and arugula with a roasted garlic and sun dried tomato beurre blanc.

Chocolate Mousse Cake

Flourless chocolate cake layered with chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache, with mixed berry compote.

AND...

our super-fabulous server, Tommy!

 IF YOU MISSED
See you soon,
Teresa
xoxo




 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

20 comments :

carolyn bradford said...

This looks divine! I've always wanted to eat there…Holly has and loved it! We can try it out next time I hope! Keep us posted on the weather! I thought we'd be down this weekend…we shall see! Have a nice Sunday!

Acquired Objects said...

Everyone's meal looked wonderful! Like you I would have ordered the snapper, love it! I hope the hurricane misses you, try to enjoy your evening!

XX
Debra~

helen tilston said...

Hello Teresa

Each dish looks better than the next and Restaurant Paradis I shall add to my list.

Keeping you in prayers and asking that Isaac's strength be removed and pleasant weather restored.

Helen xx

Brooke said...

Mmmm, Strawberry shortcake! Looks yummy!

Brooke

michele said...

yummmm. that includes the server.

:)
michele

therelishedroost said...

That looked awesome!
Karolyn

The enchanted home said...

This is making me hungry.....on my southern road trip, I will have to make a note of this and email you for suggestions. Stay safe Teresa, hope the storm passes with nothing but a few rain drops.

Karena said...

Oh an excellent dinner and beautifully presented!!

Be safe Teresa!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series

Splendid Willow said...

Ms Splendid - bring me next time! (My type of cuisine).

Teresa, I am thinking of you. Stay safe my friend.

Love to you.

Mon

Barbara Jordan Dettweiler said...

With a name like Paradis it should be good and sounds like they lived up to it! Thinking of you during the storm - take care!

cindy hattersley design said...

I will take that pistachio creme brulee thank you! Good luck by the way! Good thoughts coming your way!

I Dream Of said...

Teresa, looks like a lovely, lovely meal. Just a terrific memory. Please stay safe and looking forward to seeing you back and blogging soon. XO

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

The food looks fantastic, Teresa but I'm more concerned for your safety. Get to a safe place and update us when you can!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Woodside Park said...

Omgosh, divine! The food looks absolutely yummy. And such presentation, too! Take care, Teresa, and be safe. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
xoxo,
Loi

tommyboy84 said...

I'm glad you liked everything and as for the hurricane don't worry we will be fine .
Sincerely your server
Tommy

tommyboy84 said...

Why thank you , I'm the server Tommy .

Unknown said...

Good luck with the storm! Let us know how you and your home are please! Everything thing you all ordered is something I would have, too... Looks fabulous.
Best of luck to Angela this year, too.
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

hong kong property said...

food looks really delicious especially the desserts=)

shiree segerstrom said...

Teresa, I hope things are okay out your way. Will be thinking of you. Since Katrina, has the government become anymore savvy about pets? Sending good thoughts your way. Shiree'

Angela Duke said...

Such a fun night!!!! And yummy! love you!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted