Tuesday, August 16, 2011

THOMAS O’BRIEN ~ DESIGN ON FIFTH AVENUE

Interior designer Thomas O’Brien designed this gorgeous Fifth Avenue apartment.  One of my favorite designers, O’Brien never fails to deliver an over-the-top stunning interior.

The neutral palette plays beautifully with the prominent art and the treasured antiques.  Paintings created by the children are placed as carefully as the collected pieces.

As visually spectacular as this apartment is, there is nothing pretentious about it.  The home sits in a 1930’s building across from Central Park.  ENJOY!










Photography by Melanie Acevedo
Veranda Magazine September 2011
 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

9 comments :

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I love this place, Tereza! Every detail of it!

You posts are always so well one. I love the places you choose.

Have a wonderful day!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Anonymous said...

just fabulous... I remember Thomas O'Brien from a long time back and I have loved his work as I love it now..he is a master with mixing fabrics and textures..
just wonderful..
best,
maureen

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love, love, love!

under spanish moss said...

Wow, quite grace is a great title for this home. So elegant and graceful. The colors, architectural elements and furnishings are beautiful. So much to love!
Angela and Renee

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such elegant, timeless work.

Renée Finberg said...

soothing colors schemes -
and traditionally chic.
....that's what i think

love the post!

quintessence said...

I've always loved Thomas O'Brien's work!! I had already dog eared this feature in Veranda - just GORGEOUS!! I got to meet him at Blogfest - charming!!

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Wow, quiet grace realy summed it up didn't it? Gorgeous interiors.

Annemarie said...

This is a dream! I especially love all the bookshelves. So glamorous!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted