• 2 15-oz. containers whole-milk ricotta
• 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 Tbsp. plus 1 cup sugar
• 3 Tbsp. unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
• 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
• 2 large eggs
• 2 Tbsp. salt-free matzo meal
• 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 2 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
• Powdered sugar (for dusting)
8"-diameter springform pan with 2 1/2"-high sides
• Put ricotta in a large fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl. Drain for 30 minutes.
• Arrange rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350°. Grease an 8" springform pan with 2 1/2"-high sides with butter. Mix 1 Tbsp. sugar and breadcrumbs in a small bowl; sprinkle over buttered pan to coat. Tap out excess crumbs.
• Transfer ricotta to a processor. Purée for 15 seconds. Scrape down sides of processor; purée until smooth. Add cream cheese; purée until smooth. Add the remaining sugar and all other ingredients; purée, scraping down sides occasionally, until smooth, about 30 seconds. Scrape batter into prepared pan.Bake cheesecake until golden brown and just set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool in pan (cake will fall slightly). Refrigerate uncovered until cool, about 3 hours. Then cover and chill overnight.To serve, wrap a warm towel around pan to release cake. Remove pan sides. Dust with powdered sugar. Cut into slices.
My tip: slice with dental floss.
See you soon,
Bon Appetit Magazine