Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GWEN DRISCOLL ~ INTERIOR DESIGN IN KENTUCKY

Jane Scott Hodges never expected to end up back in her childhood state of Kentucky, but after Katrina, she  was evacuated from New Orleans.  At home in New Orleans, Jane had just opened her flagship office of Leontine Linens two weeks prior to the hurricane hitting.

The rest is history.  When Jane saw that the home of her childhood dreams was available, she and husband Philip purchased the home and soon moved in.  The home is absolutely beautiful, nestled in the beautiful town of Georgetown, Kentucky.

Interior designer Gwen Driscoll designed the interior, and as you will see, it is absolutely stunning.  In addition to her interior design business, Gwen is also the author of Ragland Hill Social, a popular blog, and her website, Gwen Driscoll Design, so I was so excited to see that she was connected with this lovely effort. Congratulations, Gwen!

Don't forget to maximize your screen and ENJOY!










I hope that you have enjoyed this post. There is NO WAY that these scans capture the beauty of this home, so pick up your copy of the November issue of Elle Decor.

See you soon,
Teresa
xoxo
 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

13 comments :

Karena said...

Teresa, I love Gwen's design work, thank you for featuring her! That master bedroom, wow!!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Design Elements said...

lovely post!

splendid market said...

My gosh -- those grey accented bed linens are stunning! I love the brown and white couch as well. Thank you.

My Notting Hill said...

Gwen is brilliant!!! Thanks so much for posting these pics. I've had problems w/my Elle Decor deliver and a hadn't seen these yet. WOW!

Gwen Driscoll said...

Teresa,

You are so KIND! Exciting day for me. Hope you are well.

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

Gwen,
I was so happy to see your name attached to this beautiful home! Your work is beautiful!
Wait until you see the magazine spread. It is absolutely stunning.
Enjoy the day!
Teresa

JMW said...

Well, I will have to check out the work of this fellow Kentuckian! Those photos of her home are gorgeous - I love the windows on that porch. Very different, but it works well.

Sanity Fair said...

Talk about making the most out of a bad situation. I salute her.
It's lovely how that citron yellow shows up in many of the rooms - a very subtle theme.
Happy Monday!
-SF

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

Gosh, Why does my Elle Decor always come so late. Beautiful home, thank you for sharing.


Have a great and easy day,

Julie

Francine Gardner said...

What a story...just to show what a little determination will do. i had a rather similar dramatic situation. I just moved my Interieurs Showroom from Soho to Tribeca...then September 11th. We were just a few blocks away... Love her sense od design and her color spectrum. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! There is something so special about one's childhood home I think. I have heard of her blog but don't follow I will be sure to check it out! xo

Annemarie said...

What a gorgeous designer! I love her picture walls! xoxo

Unknown said...

Love Gwen's work, she is an incredibly talented lady! Great post!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted