Thursday, March 18, 2010

Teresa's Pound Cake

Teresa’s Pound Cake

This is more than just a pound cake. My friends would kill for this cake, and the many times that I chose to spoil the faculty at school, I had to make sure there was enough for everyone. I also had to make sure that I didn’t make a cake for one department and exclude the other unless they were invited to fight over one. Don’t even think about counting calories here.
ENJOY!
Ingredients
3 sticks of butter (no margarine)
3 cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour (no self rising)
8 cage free eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla extract, if preferred)
¼ cup milk

Cream room temperature butter in with the sugar. Add eggs, one at the time, beating on medium speed. Add flour in increments, adding small amounts of the milk along, until all is added, beating at medium speed. Be sure to scrape bowl. Add extract. Put into greased Bundt pan. I use cast iron (shorter cooking time) or aluminum.

Put into cool oven, and set oven to 350 degrees for up to 1 ½ hours. Watch closely after cooking for an hour and 10 minutes. The cake will be cracking a little, but it will settle when cool. Use long wooden pick to check. If pick comes out clean, it is done. If it is still mushy on top, put back in the oven immediately.

I leave it in the pan for at least 15-30 minutes before plating. You may want to dust with powdered sugar before serving. I also frequently add a dollop of lemon curd on the serving plate next to the cake.

This cake is fantastic after freezing also. Wrap very well in parchment paper, and put into freezer bag.

I only use the real thing when it comes to ingredients. I also use animal friendly ingredients. My rule is: if God didn’t make it, I don’t eat it!

I hope that you enjoy this cake as much as we do.

See you soon,
Teresa
xoxo
 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted