Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas Bliss

I will admit it -- I can't contain myself! This has been ready to publish for a few days and I have held off posting for as long as I can. Well here goes.

Christmas is my favorite time of year, and I love looking at the ornaments and the magazines with the decorated trees with their beautiful ornaments amidst the glittering bright lights. Everything twinkles at Christmas and people seem more friendly.

My memories of Christmas are mostly happy ones, and I can remember the excitement I felt in anticipation of the arrival of the Jolly Old Saint Nick with his big fat belly and long white beard. Santa could do just about anything.

Our home celebated the Christian belief that Christ the Savior was born. We would have a candlelight service at our church on Christmas Eve, and we all looked forward to seeing the sparkle of the enormous number of lit candles as we all left the sancuary on the way to our cars.

I will never forget my sister's effort to blow out the candle that she held for a friend that had passed away in an accident that year. Let's just say it had a message to send.

This Jay Strongwater nutcracker and ornament series delights me, and I imagine how beautiful they would be in a home at Christmas time. Although out of my price range, I try to purchase at least one and continue to follow the work of this talented artist.
His work is unsurpassed as far as I am concerned. So I will purchase just one little piece -- just enough to bring one more twinkle to my ornament laden tree.

Ho Ho Ho!




Nutcracker Suite

Sunflower Ball


Teddy Bear with Drums

Sunflower Ball

Sleigh


Sultana Heart


And something for my Jewish friends

Menorah





This just the beginning of my Christmas. We will sew, cook, decorate and entertain. You will most likely see some of my friends and their talent at play too!
Merry Christmas!
Teresa
 photo signature_zps513df16d.png

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comments!
Hateful comments with improper language will not be posted